Tuesday 2 August 2016

Bedtime stories ISSUE 1

                                                           The misty hope
"The essence of life is love, it is for love we all yearn"- this was the word of my dying mother, as she left me alone in a world I would soon find filled with hate and evil. The lesson of hate was first learnt, when siblings and cousins took mother's wealth, Casting me upon the streets to fend for self, Forced to sleep in dark alleys where blood was often spilled. And for awhile, I kept true to all that mother taught; to be loving, to do good, and be good. Yet!!! Little by little, the horrors of the common folks, stripped away my hope for good, my belief for love, and it almost succeeded, till I met her. It was both the coldest and warmest night of my life, close to death!!! when two huge muggers stripped me of my day's earning, they were more offended by the pettiness of my earnings than I was and took violent frustrations on my body, hitting and hitting, with no pause to consider if life remained. I thought death to be certain, I bothered not to call for help, not that I couldn't!!! But if I could, no one had ever shown kindness for free. 
It was then she came, in blue long linen, like an angel descending among demons. Her elegance appearances was out of place, in this dark hoodlum, the cold fear of death was replaced by a warm ray that shone from her gaze, while the two men with her carried me away, I slumped away. I awoke the next day, with the Sun staring down at me, her smile almost ripped my heart, she towelled my wounds with gentle care. Her care hasten recovery and in its wake I thanked her as much as words could!!! And asked of what I must do to repay her. But she said, "An act of love is free, if paid for cheapens its worth" In that moment, She became the Sun to me, for after I left the warm embrace of her home, I went back to work harder, work smarter, and each day the darkness sought to drain my light, the thought of her would eclipse it prowess.
When I finally made of myself something, I went back to seek the angel that had saved me. She was beautiful as ever, even more now, for then I was blinded by gratitude for her, to see her in the light that I did now. She remembered me and rushed to meet with a hug, one that I would not end!! I spoke of my affections for her, and she received them warmly, for even a blind man could see that my love for her was the truest of true. This is my story, a story of an enduring love in an hateful world.
So I leave this word to those who have yet to find the essence of life, to find the love mama spoke of
"There is always love to be found, even in the midst of the hate" - I found love when I met her.
-Copyright@T.Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment